Come celebrate year round with the BUYSEASONS family! There is always room for more people to join the party in our brand new 470,000 sq. ft state of the art facility in New Berlin, WI. Created in 1999 as an Internet Specialty Retailer, we are a company built on being whoever you want to be, as our flagship brand, BUYCOSTUMES.COM, is the leading online retailer of costumes and accessories.
Position: SQL Server Database Administrator
The SQL Server Database Administrator will be responsible for providing operational database services to Buyseasons. Some of the primary responsibilities of the production Database Administrator role include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents, fulfilling requests, reviewing service related reports on a daily basis to ensure issues are identified and resolved proactively, and responding to database related alerts and escalations. The Database Administrator will also work with the application development and operations teams to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems. This is a service oriented position requiring a high sense of ownership and communication with multiple teams.
• Develop and implement metrics to monitor the performance and health of production servers.
• Troubleshoot SQL Server outages, including after-hours and weekends.
• Review and promote DDL changes, ETL processes, and scheduled tasks to QA and production systems.
• Ownership of database security access rights.
• Establish and maintain a database backup and recovery strategy.
• Make recommendations for optimizing database performance, including server configuration changes and index/query changes.
• Document the database environment.
• 3 to 5 years of SQL Server database administration experience
• Designing, installing, and supporting SQL Server 2005 and 2008.
• Hands-on database tuning on high-transaction systems.
• On-call troubleshooting in a production environment
• Configuring and troubleshooting replication.
• Using DMV queries, free tools such as sp_Blitz™ and sp_whoisactive, and other third-party database tools to monitor and diagnose issues.
• Writing Transact SQL and Stored Procedures.
• Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and drive to be successful.
• Bachelor's Degree in business, computer science, engineering or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience is required.
Click the below link to apply:
Position: Executive Assistant
The Executive Assistant performs duties which include management, coordination, research, and a variety of other duties to assist and augment the job of the Executive Team, especially the CEO. The Executive Assistant must exercise good judgment in decision making, be willing to take initiative, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Many tasks will be performed independently.
•Serves as office manager and provides administrative support and coordination for all areas of executive team’s business life as requested, including opening, sorting, and distributing all incoming correspondence including faxes, company e-mail, and parcels in a timely manner to the end recipient. Administering other programs including: business related printing needs, manage conference call service, print catalog archiving, office and DC vending, donation/promotional orders, holiday cards and gifts, cell phone program management (New Berlin and Bothell), Liberty Media Investor Day planning and execution, invoice sortation, distribution, and approval, maintaining company office supplies, handling vendors as needed.
• Relieves the Executive Team, especially the CEO, of routine details, and exercises initiative and independent judgment and decision making in their absence.
• Assists in managing annual budgets, and prepares monthly updates and budget projections.
• Prepares and maintains appointment calendar, schedules appointments, and arranges meetings and all related materials. Answering e-mail, scheduling meetings, answering work phone lines as required.
• Anticipates needs, initiates action, and provides information for the CEO on a regular basis.
• Have a “priority” reciprocal relationship to the Executive Team from the entire organization and business partners for communicating information, needs, and updates.
• Timely creation, update and distribution of reports as required including but not limited to: Manager Meeting report, Weekly Operations Report, and any others as needed.
• Preparing expense reports post any business related functions.
• Creating, maintaining, and distributing corporate documents and presentations as required.
• Provide other Executives’ with administrative support as needed and work as part of the overall corporate office support team as required.
• All travel arrangements for team members and other travel arrangements as needed for related companies.
• Project Management
• Performs other duties as assigned
• A Bachelor’s degree or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• 3-5 years of progressive experience in an administrative support position with 1-2 years supporting an executive.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
• Experience scheduling travel arrangements for management.
• Project management skills
Click the link below to apply:
Position: Flexographic Press Operator
Daily operation and daily maintenance of the Webtron 1600, Webtron 650 and Aquaflex flexographic printing presses.
• Display knowledge of water based printing inks and maintain the inks good consistency during operation.
• Troubleshoot any issues that may arise in the printing process.
• Attend to quality and detail of finished product.
• Efficiently set up the different components of Birthday Express’ product line and be able to color match our proofs with the final printed products.
• Display knowledge of the plate mounting process.
• Differentiate between the different substrates that are used in the printing process.
• Troubleshoot die and tooling issues.
• Perform minor repairs and maintenance that may arise.
• Have basic knowledge on our OT program for production records.
• Show good work ethic and reliability.
• Responsible for keeping Press Helper on task.
• Maintain work area cleanliness: At the end of each shift, you will ensure that the press area is free of debris. The press will be free of excess ink, oil and grease. All tooling will be placed in the proper storage area.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years using flexographic printing
• Be able to pick up 75 pounds
• Be mechanically inclined
• Ability to solve problems on the fly.
• Have a Forklift (Roll clamp) driver license.
• Be able to work 10 hours shifts.
• Work Overtime when needed.
Position: Seasonal Tech Support Internship
Buyseasons is proud to announce THREE immediate openings for the annual “Seasonal Tech Support” internship program. We are looking ramp up our core Tech Support team to manage technology requests for our 350+ user base and the 2000+ seasonal employees we add to our workforce every fall.
The program runs from November 2013 -May 31st 2014. The ideal candidate will have availability/flexibility weekdays between the hours of 7am and 5pm CST. This is a paid internship/seasonal opportunity.
Tech Support Specialist:
• Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems
• Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support
• Document, track and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution
• Excellent communication/organizational skills
• Enthusiasm and professionalism
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment
• Primary job functions require a high level of self-motivation and exercising independent judgment
Technical Core Concepts you will get hands on experience with:
• Windows XP/Win7 administration
• Office 2010 proficiency
• Printer administration / repair
• LAN and WAN network management
• Microsoft Exchange 2010, Sharepoint 2010, Lync 2010 experience
• PC/Laptop repair
• Active directory user maintenance
• Technical documentation
• Exposure to a variety of corportate software applications such as PBX/Telephony, ERP, WMS, Shipping, Manufacturing, Ecommerce content management apps, Tech inventory audits, etc...
Position: Web Analyst
The goal of the Business Intelligence (BI) team at BUYSEASONS is to use data to provide actionable insights into our customers and products to drive sales and maximize profitability across all brands and business groups. As a Web Analyst, you will utilize your data mining expertise and business acumen to segment existing and potential customers into meaningful groups in order to understand buying behavior, lifetime value, and the effectiveness of marketing campaigns. These insights will provide the foundation for the future growth of BUYSEASONS.
• Track the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
• Use internal and external data sources to track trends and identify new business opportunities.
• Perform ad hoc analysis and report writing as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, mathematics, business, marketing, computer technology or related field
• 5 years+ professional experience in an analytically-based role in an Internet environment, preferably with e-commerce experience and database marketing or business intelligence.
• Experience with database marketing techniques including targeting, A/B testing, segmentation, predictive modeling, and/or list processing.
• Experience querying SQL Server or other relational databases. This is more of a plus than a requirement.
• Experience communicating and presenting complicated quantitative analysis.
• Experience with Web Analytics (Adobe Marketing Suite, Google Analytics)
• Strong competency in use of Business Intelligence tools.
• Experience implementing/maintaining Adobe Site Catalyst/Discovery
• Experience with Google Analytics
• Understanding of Data warehouse concepts.
• Thorough understanding of website metrics, data analysis, behavioral analysis and reporting tools
• Understanding of statistics
• Understanding of customer profiling and segmentation
• Experience analyzing the profitability of marketing campaigns.
• Experience using statistical techniques such as multivariate regression, factor analysis, or time series analysis to analyze complex data sets.
• Some experience in data warehouse design and BI tool evaluation.
Click the link below to apply:
Position: Maintenance Supervisor
Oversees maintenance responsibilities for the building, internal equipment, and grounds. Ensures building and mechanical maintenance are performed timely, oversees maintenance associates. Determines replacement, repairs, and/or improvements throughout facility. Builds and manages some vendor relationships.
All associates at BUYSEASONS work for the customer and strive to provide a hassle-free, satisfying shopping experience every time. Each of us has areas of expertise, which provide a starting point where we offer high-quality customer service at all levels inside and outside of the organization.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the associate. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the associate. The associate may be asked to perform other duties as required.
License and Certification Requirements
Current Openings are also posted on MilwaukeeJobs.com